"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Monday, November 1, 2010

Continuation of Blog and Running!

September and October Running


Where in the world did the time fly?   I needed the rest of August off to repair the damage I did to myself at Leadville; but did I really need most of September off? According to Bob, that's normal behavior after a 100 mile run. Yes, I ran in September and October; however, I did not blog any of them.  

I finished Leadville and that was the purpose of the blog.  So, what to do after accomplishing that?  Well, I've decided in hindsight to continue blogging my runs.  Below is the short list of runs I did since Leadville -- whew!  That makes me feel less of a dirtbag! When I can see in black and white that, yes, I did in fact run.  Thank goodness for Garmin!

Let's group all of September together:  I ran four times in September for a grand total  of:  

Sept - 14 miles

Yeah, I was a little slow on the recovery after Leadville.  However, for October, I did a little better:

Oct 3   - 5.01 miles (Fox Run)
Oct 5   - 3.35
Oct 9   - 5.04 (Fox Run)
Oct 10 - 15.10 miles (bike ride)
Oct 12 - 4.00 (this was with Mike at work to show me the trail in town
Oct 17 - 4.01
Oct 18 - 4.16
Oct 23 - 5.51 (Fox Run)

Total for October plus a little run with the guys on next blog (Oct. 30 - 6.85 miles)  ~ 35 miles -- still nothing to brag about; but, twice as much as September!  Ah, the slow road back to running normally and consistently; it is slow but continuous progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment