"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Casper Running

Platte River Parkway and Tails
November 7, 2010
4.06 miles
39:13 minutes
9:40 pace

Sunday and I had to work in Casper; therefore this weekend I stayed in my adopted city and ran Friday, biked Saturday and wanted to get out for a run today before my presentation at noon.

What great weather, albeit windy! Nothing new with the wind. Everytime I hit wind now, I think of running in Mountain Home, Idaho -- I don't know if that's the worst (no, Greenland Open Space on a bad day is worse) or if it is just because it was the first time I hit horrible wind -- in either case, I don't hate/dislike the wind as much here as I thought I would.

Mike told me there were side trails off the Platte River Parkway, I just had not seen them as yet. Today I did and today, and I took advantage of them.  I do believe I will like running those instead of the wide, paved, pathway that beckons to most. Single track through tall bushes along the river versus the parkway; really, is there any doubt which one I'll take?

The trails meander from the paved path to the river and back again, never following a straight, true line and this is perfect for me. However, sometimes when the single track is hidden from view, I should be a little smarter and take my pepper spray that my police friend keeps telling me to do ... yes sir, next time, I promise!

A nice little run over four miles in a not-so-fast pace and I enjoyed it very much. Another good run in the books and I was happy and ready for a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment