"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Really, The first training run

December 1, 2009 / 8:48am

Spruce Mountain Meadows Trail
Total distance: 9 miles
Time: 1:31hours

Tracey emailed me the night before and asked if I wanted to run with her. Depending upon the winds we had a choice of either, or. No wind! Yes, we met at the Spruce Mtn trailhead and began the run with great weather and a lovely day. No other runners, no problems except the occasional pebble that gets in my shoes. I have to remember to wear my Dirty Girl Gaiters even on these short runs.

About halfway through the run, I stopped to get out one of those pesky pebbles and stripped off the long sleeve. December 1st in Colorado and I'm running in a sleeveless shirt. Can it get any better?!

The trail is not as soft as Greenland Open Space which I am thankful for. I do not like Greenland very much because of the soft sand and terrain - wide open and hilly. Unfortunately for two women who want to chat and haven't run together since before Thanksgiving, it is only single track. Being considerate women during training runs, neither of us took the trail; so, therefore, both of us were on the apron running on grass. Not too bad since Douglass county park systems had mowed a swatch on either side of the trail.

My recovery drink is Ensure. Tracey turned me onto that and I am at the point where I really like those now. After stretching, back in the car to begin the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment