"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today's Run - Santa Fe Trail



December 15, 2009 / 11:00 am

Santa Fe Trail

8 miles

1:14 hours



A good easy run.

I wanted to get out and hit a stretch where I would run and not have to power hike as I did over the weekend; the Santa Fe Trail is always good for that. Today was no different. Image from Trailmonkey.com

I started in Monument and headed up toward Palmer Lake and hit only a few icy-snow patches on the trail. It is a gradual incline toward Palmer Lake but the wide trail and low-grade is perfect to get the leg turnover going.
I didn't realize there was wind until I ran around Palmer Lake and headed back down the trail. It was enough for me to push my sleeves down and zip up my shirt again. I just wanted a nice, easy run today so I did not push the pace down. There is something to be said for just running and enjoying the run without pushing yourself. It brings back the pureness of running for me. I know I'm on a plan; however, I still want to enjoy running.

A very nice run today with only one stop for an untied shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment