"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Monday, December 21, 2009

Saturday - Garden of the Gods


December 19, 2001 / 8:25 am
Garden of the Gods Trails
5.6 miles
1:04 hours



We waited in the parking lot for 25 minutes for Mike to show up. A no show if there ever was!Therefore, it was just F and I out for the Saturday run. The week before Christmas and it is difficult to get all of us together for a run. However, F and I have run many a run by ourselves. Last year, he asked me to help him train for his first marathon. This year I asked him to help me train for my first ultra. Which meant that I ran the marathon with him and he ran the ultra with me when the time came for both of our races.

What a nice day! Great weather, no wind, few people on the trail and little ice. The trail is single track all around the Garden of the Gods park and a very nice run when the weather is cool. Not so nice in the summer as it is exposed most of the way.
When F and I run together, we don't talk much. I told him once on a run that he reminded me of my father. My dad and I could drive for hours and hours and not say two words; yet enjoy each other's company all day. That's how it is with F when I run with him. Granted, there are times when we have had a bad day and we vent to each other; however, most of the time, it is companionable silence and today was no different.
After running one loop around the Garden over various trails, we were back at the parking lot with bagels and coffee afterwards. A good day and a nice run!

No comments:

Post a Comment