"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Casper Mountain

Casper Mountain
August 14, 2010
5.75 miles
1:01:58
10:46 min/mile

This is my last weekend run and I wanted to get as much altitude as I could get in Casper, Wyoming so I headed up to the top of the mountain and ran along a dirt road up at the top of Casper Mountain.

I started around 10:30 am and enjoyed cooler temperatures up at the top of the mountain and had about 8000' elevation. After running about two miles on a road that went up and down, I saw a sign for the Crimson Dawn Museum so I decided to take the detour and check it out since our Western History Center stores some of their paintings over the winter.

Unfortunately, the museum was closed; however, there were some very nice trails along the ridge of the mountain so I traversed the trails and read all of the signs as I am wont to do. This was the vision of one lady who had a fancy for witches and wood nymphs and nature and donated the land as a natural preserve and museum.

After hitting most of the trails and reading almost all of the placards, I headed back down the road to my car and ended the run a little over an hour.

I'm still tired; however, not driving to Colorado this weekend made a big difference and I hope this carries me through the week.

What a lovely place on top of the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment