"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Run with Rick

Santa Fe Trail
August 8, 2010
6 miles
1:04:12
10:41 min/mile


Rick's been doing secret training! My my. Today is the first time we've run together in years and it was great. He ran so much further today than he has in the past - 5 miles! He's needed to get out and after my horrible run yesterday, I wanted something nice. So, when he said he needed to run, I quickly said we could do it together. After a bit of coaxing, he agreed!


What a great morning! We started at Baptist at a nice easy pace and continued up to Monument to the 2.5 mile turn. Before we hit the turn, I told him I was going to continue up to three miles to get six in and he said he'd turn at 2.5 and I could catch him on the way down. Perfect! I was able to stretch my legs a bit and he was able to run his own pace.

At the three mile point, I turned and hoofed it back down the trail hoping to catch him before he finished his run. At about the 4 mile point, I saw him ahead of me and put on the afterburners to catch him! Finally, after about 3/4 of a mile I caught him and we then began a fast paced run-walk method to end our run.

What a great run! I enjoyed it; however, Rick pulled something in his leg and didn't tell me until later in the day when I saw him hobbling around. Man! And I told him not to John Wayne it!

No comments:

Post a Comment