"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Last Casper Run

Wyoming Blvd.
August 17, 2010
4.34 miles
9:47 min/mile

My last run in Casper before heading down to Colorado Springs and then the race. I've been staying at work until quarter to six each night this week and the last to make up for my impending extended absence. Of course, this just makes me more tired in the evenings and less inclined to get out and run in the mornings.

Tonight, however, I ate dinner, took a nap and then woke up to go run at 8 pm. This worked out well for a couple of reasons. First, the temperature dropped ten degrees and made running in the evening quite nice at 72 degrees. Second, I began at sunset and actually got in a little bit of evening/night running in. I've run at night before so I'm not too worried about that aspect of the race. I actually have enjoyed it and those times I was by myself - in Leadville, my pacer will be with me.

I decided to get some hills in so I ran along Wyoming Blvd this evening. What a wonderful night - the lights of the city were twinkling and a slight breeze blew across the highway as I ran on the shoulder. I had a slight tightness in my left leg behind the knee and worried about it a bit; however, I'm used to pains flaring up and then subsiding so I didn't pay it too much attention and on the return trip, I didn't feel it at all.

Tomorrow, I head down to Colorado and meet the family before Leadville!

No comments:

Post a Comment