"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

North Platte River Parkway

North Platte River
August 10, 2010
5.02 miles
45:04 min
8:59 min/mile

I have to take the certified archivist exam tomorrow in Albuquerque, NM and I fly out today so this is a quick run this morning to keep my legs in shape during my taper. My choice for a run then fell to something I could get to easily and not take too much time getting there; I chose the paved path along the North Platte River once again.

I parked at the same ball park Jess played at a couple of weeks ago off of Bryan Stock Drive and ran the section of the Parkway I ran the very first time; albeit backwards. This is a beautiful section of the paved trail running along side the river and set admist the cottonwood trees north of Casper before you hit town proper. It winds through a small valley with a disc golf course set up down there. I saw a couple of others out this morning and love the fact that even in this small town, there are runners!

My legs felt great, I felt great, and very happy to get a quick run in before showering, changing and catching my flight.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment