"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Santa Fe Trail

January 20, 2010
Santa Fe Trail Monument - Palmer Lake
6.52 miles
1 hour

I think I finally recovered from the weekend~ It took me awhile and I ran Wednesday instead of Tuesday since I did the Falcon Trail on Monday. I sound like Whimpy, "I'd glady pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

The trail was pretty clear and I did not use any traction devises on it. I told myself over four miles. Then at the 2 mile turnaround point, I thought, just a half mile more for 5 total miles after turning around. At that point I stopped. Then I realized, I wasn't breathing hard, running was feeling easier - might as well just go that extra half mile for 6 total.

At the 3 mile point, I looked at my watch and thought, "Shoot! not even 30 minutes yet," so I continued until I had 30 (less than a minute). At that point, I truly did turn around!

On the way back, it is slightly downhill and I knew I was going to have to go past the trailhead for a complete hour, which I did.

Funny how my goals kept shifting and changing today!

It was a really good flat stretch today to stretch my legs and give my arches a break after all the hills I've been running.

No comments:

Post a Comment