"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Friday, January 1, 2010

What a Holiday break! I've missed two weeks of posting my runs because of Christmas and New Year's. That's okay; three runs in there for a total of 23 miles. One with Tracey, one with F, and one by myself. My family was in town for the holidays and then our New Year's Eve party took some time away.

The break down, all runs on the Santa Fe; however, all three on different sections of it:

8 miles with Tracey on December 22
8 miles with F on December 26
7 miles by myself on December 29

Today, I started the New Year off right - I ran with my friends. My wonderful mother-in-law told me long ago that whatever I do on New Year's, I would do the rest of the year; therefore, no laundry, no cleaning, no bill paying and plenty of running.

Our run changed a bit before we started. We planned to run Section 16; however, Bob could not join us today so we quickly changed plans driving to the trail head. Instead, we ran 6 miles on the downtown portion of the Santa Fe, gearing up for tomorrow's run, Section 16 - backwards.

Chris, F, Jeff, and Mike were there this morning, at the very decent hour of 10 am after New Year's Eve. What a beautiful day to run. Not a cloud in the sky, temperatures in the high 30s to low 40s and down at Cache, up to Fillmore and back. We all behaved ourselves the night before so no one was hurting due to dehydration! Great pace throughout the run, great company during.

Bagels afterwards and the wonderful camaraderie associated with that. Bob joined us then before his run later (taking family to the airport).

Overall, I could not ask for a better morning to the new decade, good friends, great running in a beautiful place. I hope your New Year's Day was as enjoyable as mine. Good luck for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment