"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Friday, May 14, 2010

Bike Ride on the Santa Fe

May 14, 2010
Santa Fe Trail
12.66 miles
1:18:29 hours

I am seriously getting into my Leadville training now. I've completed my first ultra and now am working on cross-training and weight lifting. Okay, so I'm casually going about both of those; maybe once a week and only when I can; however, I am doing it!

Today, I got my bike out in the midst of a dry spell and went for a little spin. I started at the Baptist trailhead rode through Monument and continued up to Palmer Lake and back down. It was fine on the way up and I thought no big deal, the return will be downhill and I'll be movin' like Lance!

Ha! I completely forgot about Colorado spring wind and rain. Yup, hit both on the way back and my speed did not increase significantly. However, I did get over 12 miles in and a very good cardio workout!

Emails are going back and forth for tomorrow's run -- maybe Cheyenne Canyon park, maybe Waldo!

No comments:

Post a Comment