"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flurries in Fox Run

May 13, 2010
Fox Run Park
5.01 miles
52:15 min
10:26 min/mile

First day back running since Greenland 50K. That does not count the Friday/Saturday/Sunday fun weekend in Moab in which I hiked and biked all three days!

Fox Run was great and treated me well this afternoon, despite a few snow flurries here and there. I love the long loop around the entire park and relish my quiet time in it. The trails are wide; yet, there are single track trails that you can take to get off the beaten path or away from doggies and their owners. Today, I did my usual long loop except at the bottom of the park (near Roller Coaster Rd) I took the single track off to the left.

Unfortunately, the clouds were so low on the horizon today that Pikes Peak was obscured at my favorite vantage point. I only stopped for a few seconds due to that.

I was very happy though that nothing was tight; no muscle pull or tear; all worked well - legs, lungs, and lunacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment