"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Friday, May 21, 2010

Hot, Windy, Santa Fe


May 21, 2010
Santa Fe Trail
6.01 miles
56:46
9:27 min/mile
12:29pm

Whitney came home Wedesday from college and yesterday was filled with doctors and hair appointments. Hence the reason why I couldn't get out yesterday. So, here I am, running in the middle of the day on the Santa Fe in the hot sun on a windy day. What does this mean? I get a great workout no matter if I run down the trail or up it!

I decided to run down toward North Gate from the Baptist Road trailhead and hit the nice up and down sections with a very brisk headwind. At North Gate, I notice I'm not quite at 3 miles so I continue down until I do hit the 3 mile point and then turn around. Now I'm heading up the trail with a nice little tail wind and finish this little run just in time to pick up Jess from her last day of school as a freshman in high school! What a great week, having Whitney come home and Jess out of school Yeah!

A big weekend for me -- Bob's sent the email out for Barr Trail up to Barr Camp and I have house guests from Colombia visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment