"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cache Le Poudre Meet


May 29, 2010
3.36 miles
29:41 minutes
8:50 min/mile
6 blinkin thirty in the morning!

Chris needs to give deliver our goodie bags and race numbers for the BolderBoulder run on Monday and we need to run; however, I also need to take cadets to the airport at 7:45 so I send an email and tell the guys I can't meet for the 7am run; however, I will be there to pick up my packet of stuff. Scooter emails back and says he can be there early if I want to run a couple of miles with him before 7am. Sure, just know, I'm running really slow (compared to him! sub 18 for a 5K!) and take pity on me since I did over 16 yesterday. Not a problem.

So I head out to meet Scooter at 6:30 to get a couple of miles in before the rest of our gang shows up. Scooter's there with his cute dog and we decide to run the loop a couple of times. We take off counter-clockwise and settle into a comfortable rhythm. I haven't run just a flat course in forever and it feels really good. My legs aren't as heavy as I thought they would be after yesterday afternoon and I'm able to run fast enough to keep Scooter from bouncing too high to stay so slow.

One lap and we see Jeff; however, he elects not to join us and we begin a second. I'm trying to convince Scooter to run Rim to Rim with us; but he has a new baby plus a two year old and tells me he's pushing his luck just with the Saturday long runs we do. Family vacation to the Grand Canyon I tell him. His eyes light up; however, he's still not sure he can convince all to go.

After the second lap, most of our group is there except for Chris and F and we stop to chat with them instead of pushing a third loop. Scooter has invited a friend to join the group and I meet Rick for the first time today. Jeff sidles next to me and comments about the group of women gathering for a Team in Training run. Teri, you could be running with them; instead, you run with us ... what do you think? What do I think? I think I'm a genius I retort! Jeff laughs and goes off to repeat my comment to the guys.

Chris arrives a little before seven and distributes the packets to all. Since we are ahead of ourselves, and I haven't run with so many at once in a long while, I tell them if they do the loop first, I can run one with them. Sure! So off we go, about 9 of us, joking and joshing each other as we run around Monument Creek. I am doing the hard sell on every one for Rim to Rim and am getting feedback on which weekends will work, which won't and trying to convince them all what a great time it will be.

At the bridge, I pull off to the side and thank the guys as they pass by for the rest of their run. Quickly, I run back to the car and head home for a really quick shower and change of clothes before heading up to DIA with Zach and Ed.

These guys are the best! Chris, Bob, Mike, Jeff, F, Dano and I will be running BolderBoulder on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment