"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fox Run in the Evening

May 18, 2010
Fox Run Park
5.0 miles
53:08
10:28 min/mile
6pm

I had a great 23 mile run on Sunday; however, had difficulty getting out earlier today. Jess had golf Regionals yesterday and I walked the last nine holes with her. Then we had a playoff with one of our seniors to get the alternate position on the team going to state. What a great, exciting time. However, all that walking after my long run wore me out and I took all of today before heading up to Fox Run from the house.

I did my normal outside loop and enjoyed it very much with a minor mishap. As I came down one of the single track trails, a dog and his owner came toward me from the opposite direction. The owner threw a stick for his dog; however, he did not see me and almost hit me with the stick. Needless to say, with the stick thrown at me, the dog took off toward me as well and launched himself against me. He jumped up, scraped my right thigh with his toenails and pushed me against a tree. After his owner grabbed him and apologized, I continued on down the trail back toward the house.

Once back, I looked down and saw two long scratches with blood and dirt. I immediately jumped in the shower and scrubbed both to prevent the onset of gangrene! My left elbow also had a nice patch on it rubbed off by the pine tree I was pushed against. Man! It doesn't matter where I run, I'm leaving pieces of me all over the place.

Other than having new scrapes and bruises I enjoyed the evening run very much.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment