"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back Pain Stinks!

Feb 25, 2010
Treadmill
35+ min
mileage ?

So it snowed on Monday and the driveway was covered. What's a girl to do but shovel it right? I felt good, the back pain had subsided and I'm invincible! Okay, so I'm not - but, that's my belief.

Monday morning and I'm out there in the glorious morning shoveling the wet snow off the driveway. It was my day off and I thought what good exercise. The job was done relatively quickly and I felt great; that is, until Tuesday morning and oh, what pain in my back! Thankfully, I had a chiropractor appointment that day and yes, I confessed my sin of shoveling snow. With a tsk, tsk, tsk, and don't you know better, my doctor proceeded to stretch me, adjust me, and generally torture me until I promised never to do that again with an ailing back.

With the pain back, I decided to let the week go and also tried to get the hamstring on the right track as well. This leads me to my very light week and treadmill duty today.

Once again, the dreaded treadmill and brisk walking on the flattest setting. At least I stretched the legs out a bit and tried to remind them of their primary duty in life.

Soon, I will be back in the saddle and on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment