"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Falcon Trail



February 14, 2010
Falcon Trail
13 miles
2:40 hours


Happy Valentine's Day! I love my holidays! My whole family knows what I love to do on holidays ... run! And they are great about letting me do it or we compromise and we have a family hike! Yeehaw! Either way, it's all good!

After a ten mile race, I still wanted to get some distance in today but the doc said no way to the Barr Trail ... hmmm, how about my favorite loop the Falcon Trail? Thank goodness I didn't ask her for permission.

I got out about 10:30 after a great breakfast in bed by Jessica! Love that girl! The temperature was about 19 degrees starting out and ended up at 25 by the time I finished. Yeah, a tad cold and windy too from the north. I started with my jacket on; took it off in the middle, and put it back on with four miles left.

Some flurries while out there but nothing much to speak of. Funny, only saw one person on the trail, a biker who passed me with only a 1/2 mile left for me today; I was expecting more out there today.

I was slower than usual - my legs were tired from yesterday and I didn't feel the need to push anything with the snow and ice on the trail. But what a nice run and since I didn't see anybody, my footprints were the first on the snow from yesterday. Is there anything better than running on virgin snow?

It was a great run; I stopped at the gas station, actually relaxed a bit in my head and stopped on the trail to get things out of my backpack and take pictures. Very enjoyable run and just reinforces how much I love that trail.

And best news of all - no back pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment