"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ouch!

Back pain is no joy. I've been under its spell for over a week now and I am ready to either cry "Uncle," just cry, or ignore it and just run.

Since last Tuesday, I've been on the treadmill twice and not for speed work mind you; just to stretch the legs and remind them what their primary mission is.

Yesterday, I finally decided to test the Vicodin, ice and stretching and hopped on the treadmill with fear and trepidation.

Flattening out the treadmill to its absolute flattest setting, I gingerly began walking with a significantly shortened stride. Whew! That worked. Of course, me, being me, I had to take it up to a jog after 20 minutes. Less than 5 minutes of that and I was quickly reminded that backs do not heal overnight, not even in a week. Good news is, the pain the came back was just achy, not a pull or tear. Bad news is my significant other yelled at me. Well ~ what can I say? I have a serious case of the "got to run nows!"

Afterwards, I went to work and voila! No pain sitting or getting up. I am feeling fairly cocky this morning and believe I will try it out on the Santa Fe. Either I will have a decent run and feel great, or I will be hobbling around like Grandma Moses for another week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment