"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Friday, February 26, 2010

Fox Run Hates Me

February 26, 2010
Fox Run Park
1:38 hours
6.51 miles


My beloved park does not like me. It cannot possibly. I have tried to be nice to it; but it just doesn't like me, that is obvious.

After my treadmill day yesterday and no new back pain; I decided to try a nice run. I know I said I was going to take the week off ... yeah, well, I tried.
Today I decided to take a turn around Fox Run Park, this time with my Micro spikes. The last time I was in the park, I didn't have them on and it was me trying not to figure skate across the trails. I wasn't going to have any of that today! I was prepared. Yes, I was prepared for ice ... but wet snow .... nope, not prepared for the Spring snows that are wet.

As soon as I left my drive and headed up the trail, I hit snow. It snowed the night before and I thought, not a problem; however, the last snow I ran on was a light, airy, dry snow. This snow was clumping. Clumping a lot under my spikes; so much so, that even the flat stretches were difficult.

I felt like a dog - I stopped at every tree next to the trail to pay it a visit. I lifted my leg and knocked the snow out of the spikes! It was terrible and frustrating. Again I was not prepared and I hate that.

I cut my run short for that reason as well as my hamstring which began to ache a bit after four miles.

At least I got out and ran!

No comments:

Post a Comment