"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Round and Round Fox Run

Fox Run Park
June 22, 2010
8 miles
1:36:51
12:07 min/mile pace

I took Sunday and Monday off. Although Mt. Evans was only 14.5 miles, it was all above 10,000' elevation and was the 4th weekend in a row I raced. I thought I deserved two days off there; and boy was I tired anyway.

This morning, I wanted hills, not flats, and I wanted longer than my usual 5 miles in Fox Run (outer loop); therefore, I decided to take every trail I could in the park to make this run long without having to loop the park twice. My strategy worked perfectly!

Late morning and I only had to contend with a few hikers in the park; most people were picnicking by the playgrounds or strolling alongside the ponds. Coming off of one of the trails and hitting the dirt road in front of the playground is not fair when you smell hotdogs and burgers on the grill!

A fine run and a nice hour+ spent in my favorite local park!

No comments:

Post a Comment