"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Santa Fe Short Run

Santa Fe Trail
June 9, 2010
3.03 miles
29:22
9:42 min/mile

This was a very short, easy run today. I wanted to stretch my legs after the 50K on Saturday and walking the golf course watching Jess on Monday. Monday, my legs felt like lead walking up the small hills on the golf course. Tuesday, I was dog tired. Finally, the events of the weekend were catching up to me and yesterday (Wednesday), I just ran out of time for anything longer.

Hit the ground running at 9am with errands to be run for Jess and myself. We finally returned to the house around 2pm and I had only an hour before I needed to shower, change, and head up to Denver. I also wanted something easy and flat and therefore, the Santa Fe was my choice.

At the trailhead, the wind was really blowing. I check the windspeeds - 17 mph with gusts up to 27 mph. Therefore, I ran up toward Monument with the wind at my back knowing I'd have a strong headwind on the return.

I began really easy; no muscle strains, tears, or pulls and continued up for 1.5 miles in a nice, easy, steady pace and then turned. Yowsers! That wind was strong and made me work more. Good news, the legs were fine. Bad news, the core was tired and so were my lungs from breathing above 7300' for 8 hours on Saturday!

Less than 30 minutes total; but, a good, solid recovery run getting ready for a longer one tomorrow and then the Sawtooth Relay on Saturday in Stanley, Idaho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment