"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Running and Golf


Falcon Trail
June 2, 2010
4+miles


I told Jess last night if she wanted to go to the driving range, I'd take her and run while she hit golf balls. My knowledge of golf is limited to knowing that the white ball is supposed to go in the hole. I once referred to the putting green as the putting range and Jess and her friend Rachel howled with laughter. let me also state that Jess and Rachel were the two freshman on Lewis Palmer's Regional golf team. They know golf, I don't. I freely admit golf is not one of my strong points.

So this morning, Jess loaded up her golf bag and I donned running gear and we both took off toward our brand of fun or exercise. I ran the section of Falcon Trail that ran along the golf course up toward the Academy stadium and back down. It was nice to run an entire stretch of Falcon Trail ... both ways :)

After 45 minutes, I met Jess at the Driving range and watched my 14 year old hit golf balls next to retired Air Force types. Yup, the only female and for that matter, the only teenager there ... that's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment