"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Saturday, March 27, 2010

ADA Step Out for Diabetes


Molly - Whitney's friend & Stormtrooper

Whitney and R2D2!






ADA Exposition
Denver Convention Center
March 27, 2010
12.2 miles
3 hours

Today was an opportunity to give back. I got an email from the American Diabetes Association asking for volunteers for today. Me, being me, I volunteered to walk on their treadmill for an hour this morning.
As usual, we had another spring storm last night and the roads were messy up here. I was late to my 10am shift on the treadmill and a little upset at myself that I would be on it just a little over 30 minutes ... Hah!

The 11am volunteer did not show; nor did the 12pm or the 1pm volunteers. Since no one showed up to relieve me, I told them I would stay on it until someone showed up or until the exposition was over - what's a few more miles anyway?

One hour turned into three and four miles turned into 12. I enjoyed it and Whitney and her friend Molly who were heading back to college stopped by and took some pictures of the Star Wars dudes hanging out ... who knew Storm Troopers had diabetes?
Tomorrow, good weather (hopefully) and at least 18 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment