"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Falcon Trail

March 14, 2010
Falcon Trail
12.71 miles
2:17 hours
10:49 min/mile

Jeff and Mike volunteered to run with me today so I wouldn't have to do my first long run since my lovely spill by myself. I love the Falcon Trail so suggested that and the guys agreed. We met at 8am and began at the stadium parking lot.

Very cool morning with the threat of snow in the air. The trail was pretty clear with just the east side of the trail a little snowy and icy. Mike and Jeff ran a 5k the day before, thank goodness for me - I was able to keep them slow enough for me to enjoy the run and convince them I needed to power hike the up hill sections!

Overall, I felt pretty good except my left knee really began to ache around the IT band area. Really bad, especially after a stop: it took a good, long while for the ache to subside.

That was my only problem until mile 11 .... and Grace struck again! Yes, I tripped over another root and landed on the exact same leg as last week. Good news, this section of the trail was covered in pine needles and a lot softer than Waldo Canyon's Pikes Peak Granite. Bad news, Jeff was behind me ... again - anybody else beside me see a pattern here?!

It took awhile for my left knee to forgive me from stopping, from falling, and for starting back up again. Once I got back into a jog, it was just a little over a mile left and I toughed it out.

Overall, it was a very nice run with Mike and Jeff and one that went faster than I anticipated at the beginning of the run, especially since neither Mike nor Jeff brought water!

No comments:

Post a Comment