"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Santa Fe Regional Trail

Baptist Road Down and Back
March 20, 2010
7.17 miles
1:09 hours
9:42 min/mile

Before I get into today's run, I have to mention my first mountain bike lesson on Thursday. What a great teacher and friend and a new open space I've never tried. Jim is patient and explains everything to me and hopped off his bike numerous times to make sure my seat, suspension, etc. was adjusted just right. Too bad I didn't have any back brakes to speak of during the ride/lesson. Guess what? Yep, did it again. Yeah, fell. This time with a bike on top of me. I now have my daughter yelling at me telling me to be careful! Watch what you are doing! And really, Mom! When are you going to stop running on trails?! But I wasn't running this time Jess, and it wasn't bad, and it was on the other leg; so now I have a lovely bruise on my left hip and a couple of little scratches here and there on the left side to match the huge side-swipe on my right side.

Now, today's run: I ran on the Santa Fe Trail from Baptist Road down past North Gate on USAFA and back. This was a decent run with only pebbles in my shoes to bother me; I must remember to wear my dirty girl gaiters more!

The knee has calmed down a bit and I am definitely happy about that. I also had a nice little head wind on the way back. Yes, I am actively running down hill first with the tail wind and up with the head wind. I really am trying to love the wind and remember my Idaho mantra, "The wind is my friend, the wind is my friend."

A nice, little run today with promise of a good, long run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment