"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tucker's Tie In

Woodmen South and Back
March 17, 2010
5.86 miles
54:18
9:16 min/mile

Another two days between long run and first run of the week - I'm blaming the left knee which hurt pretty bad after the Falcon Trail. Great weather and beautiful run, despite head wind back up to Woodmen.

I started at Woodmen and decided to run the city portion of the Santa Fe and hit pavement to keep any unnecessary jarring from bothering my legs too much. I felt pretty decent until 2.5 miles and then the left knee began hurting. At that point, I cut my planned 7 mile run down and began the return trip back. Not a fun run for me. Headwind and knee pain led me to finally stop at 5.86 and walk the rest back. Yuck.

At least I got out and stretched the legs, pushed the pain to the threshold and ... yeah, got out and ran. Yeah, that's the bright side of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment