"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Monday, March 8, 2010

Flexible Response

March 8, 2010
Home


Flexibility is the key, right? In war, in yoga, in your self-made plans - one must be flexible.

I am still in pain from my lovely tumble Saturday and yesterday I re-evaluated my proposed runs leading up to Leadville. I did not get my 20 miler in yesterday that I wanted to and today is loaded with work and committments. Therefore, I think flexibility is in order on my plan.

What this boils down to is skipping Collegiate Peaks 50-miler in favor of the Greenland Open Space 50-kilometer on May 1st. Hitting the Mt. Evans Ascent (14.5 miles), the Leadville Marathon, and then, the Leadville Silver Rush 50-miler before my Leadville 100 Trail Run.

Good news/bad news scenario - Bad news (always first) is I'm only running one 50-miler; good news is that it is in Leadville, at altitude/elevation and I'm running more shorter (boy, that's relative) races.

Yesterday was bad - for the ego, for running, for pain, even threw in a bit of self-pity at the end. That is why I have had this re-evaluation of goals. It is difficult to remind oneself of how strong you are when you cannot walk without your legs hurting, when your significant other winces when you attempt to get up, when you grit your teeth to put the dressing on and mutter through clenched teeth that you're fine, really, I'm fine; just don't touch me.

That was my Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment