"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Alpine Austim Awareness Fundraiser


April 17, 2010
America the Beautiful Park
5.13 miles total
5K time 23:58

Jeff asked us if we would run this 5K with him a while back and Mike and I said of course! This race was very low key, no tech shirts, no race numbers, just a lot of people raising money for a good cause.

The weather was not so nice! Drizzle and fog and cool were the conditions that met us downtown Colorado Springs; however, that did not dampen our spirits as we warmed up before the race.

Mike started behind Jeff and I and quickly pulled alongside me for a minute before he continued up to catch Jeff. I told him before he left that Jeff was worried Mike was going to do the same thing he did at St. Patrick's Day ... come up behind him and pass him. Sure enough, Mike did! Although this time, he did not wait until the end, he just pulled ahead around the mile point and that was it.

I stayed behind Jeff and tried to catch him; however, I have not run a 5K this year and have been concentrating on my distance so much that my legs just would not move any faster! Jeff had a great pace and I just couldn't gain on him. I did "Chick" a guy right before the finish though - sorry!

After the run, Mike suggested we run another mile to give us 5 total for the morning and Jeff and I quickly said yes. We took off down the trail in the opposite direction from the race and had a great cooling down run.

Bagels? Sorry dudes, got to get back to Rick since he just had surgery the day before!

No comments:

Post a Comment