"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fox Run Park

April 2, 2010
5.05 miles
54:18
10:48 min/mile

I could not get out until this evening! Eric, one of our cadets, has his sister visiting and I wanted to meet her before heading out. Between that and no school for Jess, Easter egg party for Jess, I was swamped with little errands all morning.

I am very happy to report though that Fox Run has decided to like me again. I left my house at 6:45pm and had a lovely twilight run through this park. I thought about cutting it short but decided not to once I got going. I was in pants and a long sleeve and dressed perfectly for the cool Colorado moutain air. Very little ice on the trail and no one crossed my path at this hour. What a nice run!

If you pay attention to my times; this park is 1000' higher in elevation than the Santa Fe Trail and it very hilly. You do not have many flat surfaces in this park; but what a nice one to run in when the weather cooperates!

No comments:

Post a Comment