"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Garden of the Gods


April 25, 2010
Garden of the Gods
12.5 miles
2:13:18 hours
10:40 min/mile pace

This is my last weekend before my first ultra this year, the Greenland 50K. I was up in Denver all day Saturday and did not get out for a run; however, I need to taper anyway and decided to run in the Garden to get a nice, consistent, run in before the big day.

Parking at the main lot inside the park, I ran on the roads. I know, I know, I don't like running on road; however, with the snow on Friday and muddy trails, I decided to forego my dread and hit the pavement.

What a nice, rolling hill course! Wow. Having not run in the Garden since January, I forgot how challenging these roads were. After one full loop, I decided to run another and was very glad I did. The wind kicked up a bit and I tired of the hills; but, overall, still very glad I ran it.
The side of the road in the Garden has this wonderful graphic that looks like a dead body outline!

No comments:

Post a Comment