"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Monday, July 12, 2010

Hectic Day


Wyoming Blvd.
July 12, 2010
9.01 miles
1:31 hours
10:06 min/mile pace

I've had a trying day today and I still have to get out and get a run in! Ran on Saturday but not yesterday and need to hit it hard. Also, had a house, lost a house, got another house all this morning. Then, to top it off ... locked myself out of said house this evening and had to wait for property manager to take pity on me and unlock said house! If ever there was a reason to run -- today was it. And it gets better ... after my run ... NO WATER! The water is shut off in my new house!!

Ah well, the joys of moving. Back to the run... I am heading out an hour later than I wanted to (do to my locking myself out) and therefore, have to cut my anticipated run down by about 3 miles - I just ran out of daylight, literally.

I drive up to Wyoming Blvd. which skirts Casper and is very hilly and out in the open which means very windy as well. Perfect training conditions. I head east on it and have the wind at my back for the first four miles until I turn around; then I am running and power hiking into a very warm, very strong wind. How strong? Well, the wind sock along the road, near the sign that states, "strong wind advisory," was full out.

I push my way through the 88 degree heat and the brisk wind and make it back to the church parking lot where my car is and begin to run circles around the parking to get nine miles in. Pronghorn in the field next to me (picture above and you cannot really see them!) are staring at the crazy woman doing laps in the parking lot.

After my run, it is off to Walmart to buy gallons of water to "bathe" in!

No comments:

Post a Comment