"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Friday, July 2, 2010

Fox Run in July



Fox Run Park
July 2, 2010
5.25 miles
1:04:55
12:22 min/mile

I'm trying to get a really good week in this week and also trying to change my running schedule to 3 days of running then one off. I've done quite a few back to back runs and every now and then had three in a row; however, now I'm trying to run tired as well as long.
In addition, this is my last week home before I begin the commuting to and from Casper. With that in mind and knowing I am running with the guys tomorrow and have a 25+ mile run on Sunday; I decided to hang out in my favorite park up the street, Fox Run Park.

I took off a quarter after nine with my blackberry in my hand to take pictures of this park. I've talked about it so much in my blogs since I've run here so much; however, since I can run from my house, I usually forget to take my phone. Not today!
Enjoy the pictures of this great park! There are two lakes in this park, one above the other, and here is my favorite spot - the fantastic view of Pikes Peak after the worst climb in the park.

Over half way through the run, something clicked in my head and I realized I had a telephone appointment scheduled after 10 am. Almost as soon as I remembered it, my blackberry rang and I stopped to take the call ... ignore the heavy breathing and wind noise, I'm out running!

I may not have connected my thoughts very clearly during the phone conversation; but I'll plead insanity later. Once the call was finished, I high-tailed down the trail, crossed Baptist and headed home like a barn sour filly! At the top of the last hill I can see the roof of my house at the end of the trail and it is always a welcomed, lovely sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment