"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Platte River Parkway Northbound


Platte River Parkway
July 10, 2010
6.01 miles
51:43 minutes
8:37 min/mile pace

I'm hoofing it tonight! I've got a good head of steam going and I've got out earlier tonight (5:13pm) than I have the previous runs in Casper. I start at the Ramada Inn again and this time, head south to start with to see how far I can go before I run out of trail.

This way does not have as many trees along it and as it runs along the Platte River, it also runs along an industrial area. However, it is still a very nice paved trail and I turn just before the 3 mile point and still have not run out of trail! This means that between yesterday and today, the Platte River Parkway as I know it, is at least six miles long! It also has the neat little signs along the way that I have yet to fully understand since I do not know where they begin marking!

I keep up the brisk pace and enjoy the view of a very fast runner ahead of me! Wow. To have legs like that and be able to glide as effortlessly as he appears to is a dream of mine! I have no hope of catching him and settle back into my groove that is a very good pace for me today.
My speedwork for the week is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment