"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Last Run before Devil's Mountain


Casper City Streets
July 14, 2010
4.11 miles
39:46 minutes
9:40 pace

I know the pace is terrible for city streets; however, it is blinkin' hot today at 5:55pm! It's in the mid to upper 80s and I am hot. Good news is I just need to stretch the legs, not push it and this is perfect run for that. I traverse the city streets around my new home and explore the area. I love exploring this way - I can stop at the drop of a hat, get a sidewalk, up close and in person, view of things and see how "friendly" car drivers are to runners in the area.

I did not realize how hilly Casper was until I ran this evening. I do not have the perfect flat streets you find in Boise. This is good as well since I'll probably be running from my home quite a bit in the future. I wanted to run in the cemetery; but wasn't sure how the local Casperites would feel about me doing that just yet. I'll wait a bit before I brave those inviting gravel paths.

Good news, I'm antsy, cranky, and have wigged out a couple of times -- this means I'm in full blown taper for my race on Saturday. Yeah!! Bad news to friends and family and property managers who have had to deal with me lately.

Next run, Devil's Mountain, my last ultra before Leadville; wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment