"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Late Run

Casper -- Sage Park Loop
January 25, 2011
4.05 miles
10:14 min/mile pace

Another late day for me; however,  I do want to get these runs in during the week.  I am only averaging around 24 miles a week and it is killing me.  Soon, though, I know I will be running longer and harder.  These winter runs are killing me though. 

Don has agreed to run the loop with me tonight and as we meet at the park, it is already twilight and rapidly losing light.  I have my headlamp on my head and will switch it on when needed.  He's wearing a black jacket and black running pants.  Don. Really?  In the dark?  I, on the other hand, have on my neon yellow jacket and headlamp and I will run on the outside so he doesn't become roadkill tonight.  Really Don.

Sage Park down to 2nd and up the steep hill to the Pizza Hut as we did last week; however, this time, we continue on up the hill and go through the church parking lot, skirting major businesses as we snake around to hit another path that will take us back up the hill. 

On this stretch, we are on streets and I turn on my head lamp now just for cars to see us and hopefully, avoid us.  It is still remarkably easy to see given the night as we run along.  Finally, we are off the streets and back on the trail.  During this continuous uphill section, Don walks again; but never for very long.  This is okay, our pace has been very steady in the 10:30+ range and we have incorporated different elevations tonight. 

We pass 15th and continue on the trail just to see where it goes and then snake back down and around to find 15th.  There is still ice on the sides of the streets so we take it very easy. Even with that, our final mile is at a 9:50 min/mile pace as we finish tonight. 

Both Don and I are excited and happy we did this run.  It was a beautiful run and one we want to repeat in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment