"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Treadmill

January 12, 2011
3 miles
9:40 min/mile pace

I ran with Danica this afternoon; however, I am still behind on my overall mileage for the week since we did not run yesterday at noon and I was a dirt bag when I got home.  Therefore, the treadmill siren began to sing to me and like Odysseus, I could not ignore it's call.

This time I watched Duke play basketball as I got to a nice pace that kept my heart rate up but did not tax me overly.  I need to do this -- make sure I am working hard somehow.  I like my easy running; but I cannot get lulled into it.  I want to get back some of my speed as well as enjoy the long, easy runs.  Soon, I know I will have to incorporate intervals and just live through that particular brand of evil.

Overall mileage for today:  5.7 miles.  This is more where I should be for my mid-week runs -- next week will it happen more than once?

No comments:

Post a Comment