"Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. They are not barriers anymore." Lasse Viren

Friday, January 7, 2011

Thursday's Run

Fitness One
January 6, 2011
Treadmill
4.5 miles
45minutes

Truth be told, I like my gym.  I like the bank of treadmills facing Casper mountain; can't wait until I can actually see Casper Mountain when I'm on the treadmill; but why be picky. 

Once again, I worked later than I anticipated and still needed to get out and run.  I went home, chatted to my girls on the phone and finally left for the gym after 7 pm.  That's okay, mine stays open 24 hours and this means I've passed the after-work rush leaving me with just a few fellow souls and a quiet gym.

I was tired and did not want to run; but after the first mile, I settled down, listened to my running mix and watched Auction Kings on the screen in front of me.  After about 3.75 miles running at a 9:27 or so pace, I slowed it down and cranked up the incline percentage to 8 and finally 9.5 and powerhike uphill for a quarter of a mile at a 15min/mile pace.  Then, it was back down to flat and a fast sprint for another quarter mile with the final a gentle slow down from whatever 8.0 translates to min/mile pace on the treadmill.  I am teaching myself to check these things and trying to remember them better; however, I still forget to check and see what my pace is during certain parts - I'm spoiled, my garmin keeps track of that sort of information and I can recall it at will.  I do remember looking at the pace at the end and seeing a flat 10 min/mile pace overall.

A very nice workout with the sweat pouring from me at the end and home to ... yes, twizzlers, nibblers, and leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment